Main Office

It was Resolved that by Virtue of Part V, section 137, 141, and 144 of the Local Governance Act, 2016 (act, 936 with amendment 940) and the “Guidelines for charging of fees for the Provision of Services and Facilities and Granting of Licenses and Permits by Metropolitan/Municipal/District Assemblies”, Ayawaso North Municipal Assembly for the Financial year 1st January, 2019 to 31st December, 2020 shall charge fees and levies approved by the General Assembly.


Social Welfare and Community Development Department Services

  • Adult Education and Home visits
  • Social Protection
  • Registration and Supervision of Early Childhood Development Centers
  • Child and Family Welfare
  • Facilitate community-based rehabilitation of People with Disabilities (PWDs)
  • Facilitate the Registration/Supervision of Non-Governmental Organizations
  • Offer employable and sustainable skills training for the youth and women
  • Organize Development Programs to improve standard of Living of Citizens
  • Promote & Provide Alternative Livelihood Empowerment Skills for Community members
  • Facilitate the rollout of the Child Protection Tool Kit through community engagement
  • Justice Administration
  • Counselling Services
  • Enrollment of People with Disabilities (PWDs) and indigents unto NHIS
  • Universal Health Care
  • HOTLINE: 030 298 6878

    Building Permit

    All Prospective Property Owners in the Ayawaso North Municipality are required by law to Obtain a building permit from the Ayawaso North Municipal Assembly before commencing their construction.

    Business Operating Permit

    All Businesses Operating in the Municipality are required by law to register with the Assembly and pay their Business Operating Permit fee and renew it every year.

    Health Certification

    All Hotels, Guest Houses and Commecial Food Vendors are required by law to undergo Health inspection and screening for a Health Certification before engaging in their work.

    Holistic Service Delivery to all


    A planning permit is a written permit issued for the purpose of fostering compliance of activities with approved zoning regulations and planning standards.
    Physical Developments that require a planning permit include the following;

  • Temporary structures
  • Temporary activities that require the use of public space.
  • Demolition
  • Advertisement
  • Change of use
  • Consolidation
  • Subdivision
  • Hoarding
  • Mining in the nature of sand winning, quarrying and minerals extraction
  • Disposal of industrial waste or chemical waste on land
  • Excavation
  • Change in colour schemes
  • Tree removal
  • A development permit is a written permission authorizing a person to carry out development in accordance with conditions specified in the comprises both Planning Permission and Building Permission.
    Activities that requires Development permit includes;

  • The erection of any building or structure except those exempted by law;
  • The making of structural alteration or transformation or a renovation to a building;
  • Execution of works or installation of nay fittings in a building;
  • Civil and engineering works
  • Hoarding of a property;
  • Regularization of existing structures; and
  • Redevelopment
  • Documents required for processing a Development permit include four sets each of the following:

  • a. Site plan to the scale of 1:2500 and conforming to the local plan of the area;
  • b. A block plan to the scale of 1:100 or 1:200 depending on the scale of development;
  • c. Architectural drawings to the scale of 1:50 or 1:100;
  • d. Structural drawings to the scale of 1:50 or 1:100;
  • e. Evidence of a right or authorization to use the land in accordance with the laws of Ghana
  • f. A report on stakeholder consultation where applicable and;
  • g. Where applicable reports relating to:
  • h. Air or aviation safety
  • i. Radiation protection
  • j. Environmental protection
  • k. Fire safety
  • l. Petroleum operations
  • m. Standard verification
  • n. Traffic impact
  • o. Geotechnical impact
  • p. Hydrological impact
  • q. Structural impact
  • To obtain a Business Operating Permit, the business must be registered with the Ayawaso North Municipal Assembly and the Registrar Generals' Department, then an Assessment will be done before the business classification and categorization follows then the Permit is granted is consided.


    All persons operating businesses in the Ayawaso North Municipality are required by law to register their businesses with the Ayawaso Municipal Assembly.

    All professional persons,bodies or consultants wishing to operate in the Municipality are required by law to register with the Ayawaso North Municipal Assembly before the commencement of their operations.

    The Marriage Desk of the Assembly will be setup soon!

    Our Electoral Areas